ONE YEAR. How has it been a year already? I didn’t even realize it was my blogoversary until last week when I thought I should go back and see what day I started this blog. Things are vastly different now on the blog than when I first started.
For one, this was my first post:
It was very aesthetically pleasing and I kind of miss it, but as I started to read and review at almost a book a day, finding pics I did for Instagram and doing a post was just a lot more work than I realized.
In case no one’s really noticed, I guess the biggest change in what I read and review is that around January of this year I started reading romance novels. I read a little bit before then (like the big Tumblr suggestions – Captive Prince, The Song of Achilles, The Foxhole Court, and In the Company of Shadows), but not being really into the romance genre before then (yes, I know, TSOA isn’t romance but I didn’t know the difference then). I wanted to read more like ICOS, so I picked up all of Santino Hassell’s backlist books. ALL OF THEM. Even after reading Captive Prince, that was still more ~fantasy up to that point and I hadn’t read contemporary really at all. It’s been all YA books for me before this too. So imagine my shock when I started Sutphin Boulevard and the first chapter is a Michael-Nunzio-David threesome.
Somewhere between reading Santino’s books and Ann Aguirre’s The Leopard King , I pretty much just started reading romance novels and haven’t really looked back. I do read YA occasionally, but not the same rate I used to. I enjoy them, but at 26, it’s just easier to relate to characters in romance novels in their twenties too. It’s also nice to be able to call a character a book boyfriend/girlfriend when the characters are all older in my case.
SOME STATS. BECAUSE NUMBERS ARE FUN. ❤
- 128 followers (omg I love you guys so much <333 *sobs*)
- 5247 page views
- 258 posts !!!
- Month with the most page views – August 2017 with 768 views
- Month with the most unique users – August 2017 with 468 users
- Most viewed post – A Court of Wings and Fury with 209 views
This is what y’all are all waiting for right? Well, I have a signed (tip-in) Wonder Woman: Warbringer and a Target Exclusive Edition of The Language of Thorns giveaway! One winner will win both books. Open internationally!! Rafflecopter link below.
*edit October 19, 2017: Winner has been selected! Thanks to everyone who participated!*
- 1 signed copy of Wonder Woman: Warbringer and 1 Target Exclusive Edition copy of The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo
- Giveaway will be open Thursday, October 5 – Thursday, October 19, 2017
- Winners will chosen and contacted by email on, or around, Friday, October 20, 2017
- Open internationally
- Winner will have 48 hours to reply to email or a second winner will be chosen